In this time of change, our community comes together to support the needs of all. The following links provide information on resources available during this time.
For parents with school-age children, we’ve put together a sample daily schedule to help organize the day. Click here for more information.
Government COVID-19 Specific Resources
- Pomona Mayor Tim Sandoval Facebook Page
- City of Pomona Coronavirus Information Center
- LA County Health Coronavirus Information Center
- LA County Department of Public Health SPA 3 Resources List
- LA County of Public Health 24/7 Mental Health Hotline
The City of Pomona Community Services Division operates two Elderly Nutrition Program Sites. During this time the City’s two senior meal sites are operating as meal distribution sites for seniors (age 60+) and adult with disabilities. Meals are available for pickup on days, times and locations listed below. Meals are prepared in a central kitchen and flash frozen packaged in microwaveable containers. Due to increased risk to older adults, we encourage someone else to pick up meals on a senior’s behalf.
Meal distribution sites:
Washington Community Center
865 E. Grand Ave
Meals for pick-up
11:30am to 1:30pm
Palomares Community Center
499 E. Arrow Hwy
Meals for pick-up
11:30am to 1:30pm
Pickup Mondays (for Monday and Tuesday meals)
Pickup Wednesdays (for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday meals)
Seniors age 60+
While supplies last
For more information on this program, please call (909) 620-2324 from 10am – 2pm
How Can I Help?
With the Mayor’s leadership, the Pomona Community Foundation has started the Compassion Fund.
Partner Health & COVID-19 Specific Resources
- Pomona Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Information Center
- Fairplex Coronavirus Information Center
- Tri-City Mental Health Coronavirus Information Center
- Sowing Seeds of Life – Bimonthly Food Pantry
- Just Us 4 Youth Digital Mentoring
- Footsteps 2 Brilliance
- Uncommon Good Pomona Valley Coronavirus Emergency Fund
- Southern California Service Corps Coronavirus Information Page
- Self-Help Credit Union Coronavirus Information Page
- Donate Blood at the Pomona Blood Center of the American Red Cross
- Pomona Public Library Online Resources
- Video Lecture for School Age Children on COVID-19
- La Nueva Voz, “Pomona’s Only Community Newspaper,” is carrying numerous articles on the crisis and local resources and responses.
Digital Resources from our local Cultural Institutions
- American Museum of Ceramic Art – Digital Exhibitions
- Latino Arts Museum – 16th Women International Show & Mother Earth Show
- Landscape Drawing Demo from the dA Center for the Arts
Other Useful Resources
Suggested by our constituents:
- Rakuten Overdrive – Borrow and read free ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines from your library using your phone or tablet. It’s easy to get started―all you need is a library card!
- Sesame Street’s Caring for Each Other initiative: “Children thrive with structure in their lives, and they learn best through play—even in everyday moments. So our site is filled with content you can use all day long to spark playful learning, offer children comfort, and focus a bit on yourself, too. After all, it’s important that we take care of ourselves, so that we can best care for our families.”
- Telehealth and Online Mental Health Resources During COVID-19 Pandemic
Digital Resources from Pomona’s Promise and Pomona Rotary
This is a list of many fun and educational activities and resources for families with children ages 0-5.
Esta es una lista de muchas actividades divertidas y educativas y recursos para familias con niños de edad temprana.
You are your child’s first teacher!
During this stay-at-home period, Pomona’s Promise and Pomona Rotary are providing an array of ideas and resources to help you be creative and active with your little ones. Parents and families who engage in their children’s learning at an early age will help them to be ready for kindergarten and beyond. These resources are available through a cell phone, computer or tablet.
¡Ustedes, los padres, son los primeros maestros de sus hijos!
Durante esta época cuando es necesario que nos quedemos en casa, Pomona’s Promise y Pomona Rotary han formado una colección de recursos e ideas para las familias con niños de edad temprana. Los padres que promuevan la enseñanza temprana de sus hijos los ayudarán a estar listos para el kínder y más. Estos recursos son accesibles por medio de un celular, computadora o tableta.
- Foot Steps to Brilliance
- School Closures – Footsteps2Brilliance
- LA County Library
- Online Story Time by Barnes and Noble
- International Children’s Library
- Spanish Children’s Stories
Early Childhood Activities/Actividades para la Educación Temprana
- Play and Learn Language Games Spanish
- Parent Resources: Spanish| Colorín Colorado
- Learn Kera
- 100 Activities To Do At Home During School Closures
- How to Make Playdough | Homemade Playdough Recipes
- The BEST homemade playdough recipe – I Heart Naptime
- 3 Easy Playdough Recipes for Toddlers – RGSTeachersLounge
Science and Nature Activities for 3-5 / Actividades sobre la ciencia y la naturaleza
- Scholastic science and nature activities for 3-5
- National Geographic Young Explorers
- Seed bombs
- Seed bombs 2
- Sembrar semillas
Virtual Museums and Zoo Cams /Museos y zoológicos virtuales
Music and Movement/Música y Movimiento
Mental Health and Well-being during a crisis/Salud mental y Bienestar durante una crisis
- Stress and Coping (English/Spanish)
- Being Mindful of Your Mental Health during COVID-19
- Mindfulness for pre-k to grade 2
- Relajacion guidada para niños
- Compassionate Pomona
- Yoga for Kids
- UCLArts &Healing
Resources for Parents and Children/Recursos para familias y sus niños
- PBS Kids So Cal
- DPSS Customer Alert Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19: Alerts and Resources
- Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors Tackling COVID-19 Together: Resources to Support Families|Enfrentando el Corona Virus Juntos – Recursos para Familias
- COVID Book/COVID Libro
Note: You may be interested in learning about key protective factors (Parental resilience, Social connections, Knowledge of parenting and child development, Concrete support in times of need, and Social and emotional competence of children). If so, click here.
Si desea aprender acerca de los factores de protección (Crianza afectiva y apego, Conocimiento sobre la crianza de los hijos y el desarrollo de los niños, Resiliencia parental, Conexiones sociales, Apoyos concretos para las familias, Capacidades emocionales y sociales de los niños), haga clic aquí.