Thank you to everyone who joined us for the First Annual Kindness Carnival!
Mark your calendars for the Second Annual Kindness Carnival – Saturday, October 29, 2022.
Complimentary parking will be located at the Ebell Historical Museum Parking Lot at 585 E Holt Ave, Pomona, CA 91767.
|10:00–10:30 AM||Welcoming Remarks: Mayor Tim Sandoval, Councilmember Elizabeth Ontiveros-Cole, and Tongva Blessing Ceremony|
|10:30–11:30 AM||Pancake Breakfast (free for kids aged 12 and younger), music from the The Mid-Which Cuckoos, and Restorative Practice Circles|
|11:30 AM–12:30 PM||Music from Jeff and Victor & Labyrinth Walk|
|12:30–3:30 PM||Hot Dog and Chips Lunch (free for kids aged 12 and younger)|
|12:30–1:30 PM||Music from One Drum & Circle Dancing|
|1:30–2:30 PM||Muse from Julie Edwards Mantanga and the D’Vines|
|2:30–3:30 PM||Labyrinth Walk|
|3:00 PM||Film Screening: Legacy – the Ethel Gardner Story|
|4:30–5:00 PM||Closing Ceremony & music from Bijan Canals Jazz Session|
- Name Your Price Sale
- T-Shirts – create your own Compassionate Pomona T Shirt with provided art supplies.
- Art with the dA Center for the Arts –
- Compassion Quilt Squares – work with Andrew Quinones to create quilt squares for Pomona’s Compassion Quilt.
- Raffle – On the hour, every hour. Win prizes including gifts cards, an amazon tablet, art, and a flat screen TV from Renee Barbee of La Nueva Voz. All prizes donated by community members.
- Vendors – meet and socialize with representatives from several groups and institutions working in the City of Pomona.
Interested in joining us as a vendor? Completed the form linked below.
- The Assistance League of Pomona
- City of Pomona
- Foothill Family Services
- Just Us for Youth
- Pomona Unified School District
- Southern California Conservation Corps
- Tri-City Mental Health Services
- Unity Church of Truth
- Youth and Family Club of Pomona
- Restorative Practices
- Baha’i Faith
- Active SGV
- Pomona Host Lions Club
- East Valley CHC
- Ettie Lee Youth & Family Services
- dA Center for the Arts
- Pomona Unified School District – Child Development Programs
We are asking for donations to help with the expenses of signs, Porta Potty rentals, and food and other expenses. Please send checks to Unity Church, 524 E. Pasadena St., Pomona, CA 91767 and put Carnival Fund on the memo line. Or send to UnityofPomona.org’s Paypal Account and send contact Jan Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-896-0991 about your donation.
Thanks & Sponsors
Thanks to Valley Vista for donating trash cans.